Fellowships for Geoscience Librarians
The Geoscience Information Society offers a stipend to first-time meeting attendees from countries other than the United States or Canada. The stipend covers the GSA registration fee, GSIS event fees, and GSIS membership (for the following year, if the awardee is already a member), and a guaranteed place in Geoscience 101.
- Candidates must reside and work in a country other than the United States or Canada.
- Candidates must be employed in a geoscience librarianship position.
- This must be the candidate’s first attendance at a GSIS conference.
Professional background, experience, and interest in active Geoscience Information Society participation.
Prepare a written statement, in English, of approximately 750 words, answering the following questions:
- What is the biggest challenge facing geoscience information professionals in your country?
- What are your professional goals?
- What do you hope to gain from attending the conference?
- Business address
- E-mail address
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- Two letters of reference from employer
Julia H. Triplehorn
Keith B. Mather Library
Fairbanks, AK 99775
July 10, 2011.
- make an informal presentation at a GSIS forum at the annual meeting.
- write a report on the experience for publication in the Society's Newsletter.
- take part in open discussion at the GSIS annual meeting sessions.
- serve on at least one Society committee in the following year.
For further information, please contact: Julia Triplehorn.